Behavioral Health & Substance Abuse
Optimize wellness and military readiness of those entrusted to our care by providing exceptional holistic patient-centered health services with compassion and skill.
To be the Army's premier Behavioral Health team, fostering a happy, highly functional, and resilient Fort Knox community.
Behavioral Health/ SUDCC:
• Front Desk: 502-626-9891 or 502-626-9892
Child and Family Behavioral Health System (CAFBHS), Family Advocacy Program (FAP):
• Front Desk: 502-626-9884 or 502-626-9885
Child Abuse / Neglect:
• IAW DoDM 6400.1, AR 608-18, Kentucky State Law, and the Kentucky/Ft. Knox MOA, all alleged or suspected child abuse/neglect is to be reported to DCBS (Child Protective Services).
• 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Mon-Fri) call 270-766-5099 / 5100 / 5101; outside duty hours call 877-597-2331
Victim of Sexual Assault:
• Call the Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC) Hotline 24/7 at 270-352-8185
Spouse / Intimate Partner Abuse
• IAW DoDM 6400.1,AR 608-18, and Kentucky State Law, ALL alleged or suspected spouse (intimate partner) and child abuse/neglect are to be reported to the Fort Knox MP Desk at 502-624-2111 / 2112
Mental Status Exam (MSE):
• Chapters 10, 13, and 14, or Schools (Drill SGT, Recruiter, Sniper, Etc.) 502-626-9873
MEDDAC SHARP Specialists:
• Phone: 502-626-6173 or 502-624-9452
Prior to calling to set up appointments, please view the
Inspector General, Behavioral Health Directed Information
Fit For Duty (FFD) and security clearance evaluations:
• Must be coordinated through commander (or in the case of a Security Clearance Evaluation, should be done at the direction of the central adjudications facility and coordinated through the unit security officer). Screening is required before an appointment can be scheduled.
Groups Offered to Enhance Life
• This group includes education and group processing to fully explore eight parenting lessons. The lessons are a versatile means of education families on the philosophy and skills of nurturing parenting – a person proven evidenced based parenting program. This is an eight (8) week class that required enrollment assessment by the facilitator. Please call 502-626-9884/9885 to schedule an individual appointment.
• This group focuses on events an cues, anger control plan, aggression cycle, assertiveness, conflict resolution and anger in the family. The group is open to male and female active duty Soldiers only. Please call 502-626-9892/9891 to schedule an individual appointment.
Effects of Marital Conflict on Children:
• This group targets couples with children who are experiencing extreme marital conflict. Learn how this conflict affects the children in the home. Available by appointment only. Call 502-626-9884/9885 for an appointment.
• This class is to educate the patient about issues related to domestic assault with the goal of stopping the behavior. Enrollment is by assessment only and an appointment can be made by calling 502-626-9884/9885.
• This is a nine (9) week course that will help you learn new techniques to reduce conflict and become less emotionally reactive in relationships. Enrollment is by assessment only and an appointment can be made by calling 502-626-9884/9885.
Intensive Outpatient Group (IOP):
• More intensive than traditional outpatient therapy, IOP is designed to achieve short-term stabilization and resolution of immediate program areas. These services are offered off post and need a referral from a Behavioral Health Provider. If you are currently in therapy please ask your therapist about the program. Meets Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. for a minimum of four (4) weeks. Admission by referral only.