Our mission is to provide environmental and sanitary monitoring of water, food services, hazardous and medical waste, pest surveillance, and general sanitation for the Fort Knox military and civilian community.
Scope of Services
• Potable Water Program
• Food Service Sanitation Program
• General Sanitation Program
• Continued monthly food service facilities inspections
• Post wide Food Handler Sanitation Class
• Hazardous and Regulated Medical Waste
• Monitor EPR budget for HW/RM
• Monthly checks on HW/RMW procedures throughout IRHC and outlying clinics
• Mosquitoes and Tick Surveillance
• Food Establishment insects and rodents observation
• Environmental Program
• Field Sanitation Team Certification Training
• Deployment Environmental Health Briefings
• Event Support (all events involving food service)
Please call EH offices if you need assistance in any of these areas or have questions.
FRG/Short Sale Food Handlers training online
To improve the delivery of services that Environmental Health Services/Preventive Medicine offers to the Fort Knox community, EH is now offering the “FRG/Short Sale Food Handlers” training online.
This training is required for anyone who will handle food within Family Readiness Group events, special unit events, fund-raising events or other short term events where any type of food is sold.
However, all food establishments will continue to take the in-class 4hr session offered on the first Tuesday of every month.
The online class, via slide deck, should take about one hour to finish. Upon completion there is a link for the test on the last slide deck. Once the test is complete please submit it to the EH section, located in Bldg., 1020, 192nd Tank Battalion Rd, and ensure you provide a valid email address. EH will grade the test and email you the certificate through your email address if you pass. Test failures will also be notified in the same manner.
The certificate is valid one year from the date of your test--you will need to renew every year. This certification is required to be on you at all times when handling food within the installation!
Basic Food Handlers Course