Everyone reacts to stress and traumatic experiences differently. While some have reactions that can be seen as normal responses to life events, others may experience signs or symptoms of more serious conditions.
Mental health and substance misuse conditions can affect anyone; you are not alone
. The Military Health System has many resources available to help those who need it.
If you or someone you know needs support now, call or text 988 or chat at 988Lifeline.org
. 988 connects you with a trained crisis counselor who can help.
Ireland Mental Health Services
Our facility offers the following mental health services:
Child Abuse / Neglect:
• IAW DoDM 6400.1, AR 608-18, Kentucky State Law, and the Kentucky/Ft. Knox MOA, all alleged or suspected child abuse/neglect is to be reported to DCBS (Child Protective Services).
• 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Mon-Fri) call 270-766-5099 / 5100 / 5101; outside duty hours call 877-597-2331
Victim of Sexual Assault:
• Call the Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC) Hotline 24/7 at 270-352-8185
Spouse / Intimate Partner Abuse
• IAW DoDM 6400.1,AR 608-18, and Kentucky State Law, ALL alleged or suspected spouse (intimate partner) and child abuse/neglect are to be reported to the Fort Knox MP Desk at 502-624-2111 / 2112
Mental Status Exam (MSE):
• Chapters 10, 13, and 14, or Schools (Drill SGT, Recruiter, Sniper, Etc.) 502-626-9873
MEDDAC SHARP Specialists:
• Phone: 502-626-6173 or 502-624-9452
Prior to calling to set up appointments, please view the
Inspector General, Behavioral Health Directed Information
Fit For Duty (FFD) and security clearance evaluations:
• Must be coordinated through commander (or in the case of a Security Clearance Evaluation, should be done at the direction of the central adjudications facility and coordinated through the unit security officer). Screening is required before an appointment can be scheduled.
Groups Offered to Enhance Life
• This group includes education and group processing to fully explore eight parenting lessons. The lessons are a versatile means of education families on the philosophy and skills of nurturing parenting – a person proven evidenced based parenting program. This is an eight (8) week class that required enrollment assessment by the facilitator. Please call 502-626-9884/9885 to schedule an individual appointment.
• This class is to educate the patient about issues related to domestic assault with the goal of stopping the behavior. Enrollment is by assessment only and an appointment can be made by calling 502-626-9884/9885.
What TRICARE Covers
TRICARE covers medically and psychologically necessary mental health and substance use care. This includes both inpatient and outpatient care.
Getting Mental Health Care
See a Complete List of Covered Services