Our Preventive Care Programs and Services
Army Wellness Center
- The Fort Knox Army Wellness Center helps address participants’ lifestyle issues and helps them develop a healthier way of living. It empowers individuals to build, sustain and manage their own good health.
Community Health Nursing
- Enables total force readiness through promoting population-focused health, mitigating disease and injury, assuring Force Health Protection, informing policy, and responding to emerging health threats.
- Our mission is to provide environmental and sanitary monitoring of water, food services, hazardous and medical waste, pest surveillance, and general sanitation for the Fort Knox military and civilian community.
- Focusing on Occupational Hearing Conservation, Hearing Conservation, Clinical Audiology and Hearing Surveillance.
The COVID-19 vaccine is being offered through an Emergency Use Authorization by the Food and Drug Administration. The vaccine is being administered in phases to DoD uniformed service members, both the active and Selected Reserve components, including members of the National Guard; dependents; retirees; civilian employees, and selected DoD contract personnel as authorized in accordance with DoD regulation.
The vaccine is being offered on a voluntary basis, but priority populations are highly encouraged to get it. Getting the COVID-19 vaccine protects yourself, your family, your community and our nation.
To learn more about the phased plan and DoD priorities, visit: www.health.mil/COVIDVaccine
- Our mission is to recognize, evaluate, anticipate and make recommendations for control of occupational exposures to chemical substances, physical agents, and biological agents in more than 450 work sites currently part of the DOEHRS-IH program on Fort Knox.
- The Occupational Health Clinic works to reduce the risk and incidence of work related illnesses and injuries for Department of Defense personnel at Fort Knox by focusing on three areas.
- Registered dietitians offer individualized nutrition coaching and medical nutrition therapy counseling sessions to enable you to achieve your health or performance goals.